As the sun gets ready to set on 2010, I'm taking some time to reflect on the highlights, lowlights, and lessons learned. I like to do this on the last week of the year, reviewing my journal and my calendar to reflect and renew my focus for the year to come!
I have great memories from this past year - my 50th on this planet - it was a good year!
Here are some of the HIGHLIGHTS:
- Generous Response of our Church to "Help Heal Haiti" (January)
- My 50th Birthday! (March)
- Development of my "Pastor Coaching" Ministry (June) & Kathy's Teaching Career! (August)
- A Dream Realized at the Lake (September)
- Launch of Fort Wayne North Campus & "Over a Thousand Tongues to Sing" (November)
Here are some of the LOWLIGHTS:
- Haiti Earthquake (January)
- Driving to Out of Town Meetings (Too Many Weeks this Year)
- Tough Decisions that go with Leadership (All Year)
- Dealing with the Challenges of Change (September)
- Trading my beloved Sailboat - for a smaller one! (November)
Here are some of the LESSONS LEARNED:
- In the midst of "obstacles" there are some GREAT "opportunities" if you look for them!
(Haiti Earthquake - Generous Response, Market Lows - Big Returns)
- Leadership is most important and most dynamic in the midst of difficulties!
(The "Tough Calls" that led to growth in Sonrise Church and with "Jesus in Haiti Ministries" )
- Great growth can emerge when we deal well with "game changing" circumstances!
( Jesus in Haiti Ministries "explosive growth", Multi-Site Development)
- Multiplication is more dynamic than addition!
(Multi-Site Ministry & Multiplying Leaders, Pastor Coaching)
- Equipping others is fulfilling and fun!
(Pastor Coaching & Ministry Staff Equipping, Kathy's Teaching Career)
I'm thankful for this past year - and the lessons I've learned in the last twelve months! I look forward to the new year and the new lessons God will teach me!